Villa Ortuzar is a rather small area of the City of the Buenos Aires that is divided into two sections. From Los Incas Avenue to La Pampa you can find mansions with large gardens and tall apartment buildings. The other half of the neighborhood is where the more common, low, and simple housing dominates the landscape. In this more humble part of the neighborhood, the custom of having a "Mate" on the side-walk with friends is very common.
In the year 1827, during the government of the governor Rivadavia, the town of Chorroarín was formed on lands that had been given to German immigrants so that they could have land to work. In 1833 immigrants from the Canary Islands arrived to the town, but they soon retreated because none of their projects were able to develop. The owners of the land were many until the year 1862, when, on the 26th of April, Don Santos Muguerza sells his land, covering what is today the 26 blocks in between Triunvirato avenue, Tronador, Alvarez Thomas and Elcano avenue, to Don Santiago de Ortuzar.
Ortuzar drew up the streets and planted eucalyptus trees along them, and built his house in the block of Giribone, Heredia, 14 de Julio, and Alvarez Thomas. Big pigeon houses were installed in the area, and it became known as "El Palomar de Ortuzar" (The Pigeon Loft of Ortuzar). In 1871 the cemetery of the west was inaugurated.
The 26th of April is the day of Villa Ortuzar, commemorating the date in which Santiago Francisco de Ortuzar bought the lands that would later become Villa Ortuzar.
- Rentals and Sales of Houses, Apartments, Offices, Town House, and other Properties in Villa Ortuzar.
- Real Estate Villa Ortuzar.
- Sales, rentals, short term, commercial, student accommodation, holiday lets and apartment share.
- Owner reltals, Owner Sale,
- Villa Ortuzar limits with the following areas of Buenos Aires: Chacarita, Paternal, Agronomía, Villa Urquiza, Belgrano and Colegiales.