Buenos Aires Real Estate - Español
Velez Sarsfield is a typical area in the City of Buenos Aires with low houses that are so commonly seen in the city. The houses were constructed in the beginning of the 20:th century when the urban expansion took place. The area still has a medium class profile, where single family homes coexist with small workshops and stores.
Until the early 1930:s there used to be a lot of "Quintas" (large Ranches) to the north of Velez Sarfield where vegetables were produced and they were also the place where many brick ovens were stored, but because of the closeness to the Madonado stream it was difficult to convince people to build houses in the area. from 1916 and onwards the area developed intensly, and many big houses had already been build.
"Casonas" (Big Houses) occupied a large part of the land but not many remain today. There are areas of the so called "Casas Baratas" (Cheap Housing) in Velez Sarsfield. These houses were built in 1928, during the presidency of Marcelo T. de Alvear, by of Juan F. Cafferata who was always concerned himself with that people with fewer resources having access to decent housing.
These two story houses, thanks to their low prices and loans given by the "Banco Hipotecario" (Mortgage Bank), made the dream of many families of owning their own house a reality. Even today many of these constructions can be found just as they were when new (maybe a little bit older), some others had been revamped turning them in beautiful villas.
- Rentals and Sales of Houses, Apartments, Offices, Town House, and other Properties in Velez Sarsfield.
- Real Estate Velez Sarsfield.
- Sales, rentals, short term, commercial, student accommodation, holiday lets and apartment share.
- Owner reltals, Owner Sale,
- Velez Sarsfield limits with the following areas of Buenos Aires: Parque Avellaneda, Villa Luro, Monte Castro and Floresta.