Buenos Aires Real Estate - Español
Parque Chacabuco is an area where most of the activity is centered around the huge park that is the inspiration of the neighborhood's name. The area of 12 blocks of land give it great significance in the city of Buenos Aires.
It has an area with residential housing, a few apartment buildings (none too tall), and little commerce that is not very intense. Parque Chacabuco started to shape around the National Gunpowder Factory and was nick-named by many neighbors as "El polvorín de Flores" (Flores Gunpowder Factory).
The factory used to occupy lands in the southern area of the park, but, in 1898, there was a great explosion that made the whole building disappear. The municipality then gave the terrain away and it is today part of Parque Chacabuco. After the incident, on the lands around the park, big country houses were built, but there were also some lots left empty.
In the middle of the Park there used to be a store that sold fresh milk. Very country-like and picturesque the area was full of traveling sellers that would put up their stalls in the local fairs and offer all kinds of eatable goods. These fairs were made official in 1910 by Joaquín S. De Anchorena.
The 15th of May is the day of Parque Chacabuco.
- Rentals and Sales of Houses, Apartments, Offices, Town House, and other Properties in Parque Chacabuco.
- Real Estate Parque Chacabuco.
- Sales, rentals, short term, commercial, student accommodation, holiday lets and apartment share.
- Owner reltals, Owner Sale,
- Parque Chacabuco limits with the following areas of Buenos Aires: Nueva Pompeya, Flores, Caballito y Boedo.